A frequently asked question is how to run Fusion as a Windows service, or how to ensure it stays running if the user who started it logs off. We addressed this need by re-packaging the Fusion configuration and bin scripts for Windows based development and production servers.
The services are dependent upon each other to avoid startup memory contention issues.
- You can log out of virtual desktop session, and the services will stay up.
- You can restart the machine and the services will automatically come back up.
- If a service dies, it will automatically try to restart it.
Steps to install and use the updated files
1. Save a copy of the %FUSION_HOME%\bin\ directory.
2. Do an "Extract Here" of the attached file in a temporary location.
3. Replace the existing bin folder with the one provided. There will be additional CMD files:
- Install services (%FUSION_HOME%\bin\install-services.cmd)
- Unistall services (%FUSION_HOME%\bin\uninstall-services.cmd)
- Start the services (%FUSION_HOME%\bin\fusion.cmd start)
- Stop the services (%FUSION_HOME%\bin\fusion.cmd stop)
4. Replace the FUSION_HOME/conf/config.cmd file with the one provided in conf/config.cmd2. Open a command line as administrator
Manually Starting / Stopping Fusion services
2. Open a command line
4. start-services.cmd starts all Fusion services
5. stop-services.cmd stops all Fusion services